Who we are
The Insurance Industry Consultative Council (IICC) is the umbrella organization for all insurance bodies in Nigeria. It is made up of the regulatory body for all insurance practice in Nigeria, National Insurance Commission (NAICOM); The professional body for insurance practitioners, Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN); The three trade associations for underwriters, Nigeria Insurers Association (NIA); brokers, Nigerian Council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCRIB); and loss adjusters, Institute of Loss Adjusters of Nigeria (ILAN).
Inaugurated on the 13th of August 2013, IICC has been the unifying voice and point of reference for everything insurance in Nigeria.
Positioned to make a difference
Cultivating insurance culture that will put Nigeria in the league of developed economies.
- To represent the Industry’s voice in national and global discourse.
- Guarantee a collective medium for dialog.
- Provide a clearing house for vital Industry policies.
- Be an anchor for agenda on Insurance Industry growth.
- Constitute a powerful lobby group for relationship with government, and
- Act as veritable tool for conflict resolution.
The IICC was inaugurated by Mr. Fola Daniel, the then Commissioner for Insurance on Wednesday 21st August, 2013 in the Council Chambers of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN). It was hosted by the CIIN under the Presidency of Mr Fatai kayode Lawal.